Nutrition Facts3 each: 376 calories 22g fat (7g saturated fat) 114mg cholesterol 1636mg sodium
18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber) 27g protein
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1/3 cup of beef stock
- 1 cup shaved parmesan cheese ( 1/2 to cook with the meatballs & 1/2 for garnish before serving)
- Additional snipped parsley for garnish
In a bowl, combine first 10 ingredients; shape into 18 meatballs,2 in. each.
Heat the oil in a skillet; brown the meatballs.
Remove meatballs and drain fat. Spoon sauerkraut into skillet; top with meatballs.
Add 1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese and stir until fully incorporated.
Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through, adding beef stock 1/2 way thru.
Sprinkle with parsley and other 1/2 cup of shaved parmesan cheese before serving.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.